Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wednesday with Connie ~ Today in Real Estate

I wake up before the sun rises every day. This gives me the opportunity to get a pulse on the market, check e-mails, and make my list of things to do for the day. As it gets lighter outside I slowly get glimpses of the days weather and my question for today is when will it stop snowing?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the snow and I'm an avid skier and ice climber, which is part of the reason I live in this beautiful town, but I want to see some tulips! Easter will be here in weeks and this weekend we'll be changing our clocks forward. It just seems that the Easter table is incomplete without a bouquet of tulips.

Today in real estate: 38 new listings in SW Montana, including 6 new homes on less than an acre, 6 new homes on more than an acre, 7 new subdivision lots, 8 large-acre parcels, 5 condos located in Belgrade, Bozeman, and Big Sky, 2 commercial properties, and 2 recreational parcels.

Of the new listings, the homes on less than an acre have an average price of $358,600 and a median price of $339,900. What this tells you is that there are one or two homes that have a relatively large asking price, bringing up the average. However, the majority of the homes listed are below the average. This is revealed because the median price is lower than the average. When the average and the median prices are very similar that means that there is just about the same number of homes below as above the average price.

Do you have a question about real estate? Email me and I will post your answer on my BLOG. connie@BozemanMontanaProperties.com

No comments: